Every child is a unique creation of God. We strive to enable our children to reach their full potential through living the theological virtues of faith, hope and charity (love).
Our Catholic centred learning environment offers a broad and balanced curriculum where every child can feel secure and confident. The curriculum is coherently planned to provide ambitious learning opportunities for all. The explicit teaching of character education where children learn practical wisdom through the virtues enables the children to flourish.
Children learn to become independent and to be ready to face new challenges. We aim to provide an excellent education and instil a lifelong genuine love of learning. Our aim is to inspire and nurture every child
within a happy, stimulating and inclusive school where respect and care for each other is the foundation of our community.
Curriculum intent refers to what children are taught when and why. Our curriculum is being developed to ensure our children learn knowledge and concepts for all subjects in depth.
Please click here to view our Curriculum Intent which sets out the education offer for our school. We carefully consider how research can inform our curriculum design and implementation. This helps us continually refine our curriculum intent and implementation for the benefit of children helping us achieve our vision.
- Our curriculum is designed systematically in coherent sequences so that so children build knowledge and skills sequentially and in depth becoming fluent, confident and resilient.
- It is carefully designed to ensure the precise knowledge children are expected to learn is explicit.
- It ensures children quickly develop confidence with reading accurately enabling them to effectively read to learn and develop a love and appreciation of reading.
- Is designed to nurture social, emotional, physical and spiritual development and wider curriculum opportunities as a highly as the academic curriculum.
- It celebrates the diversity of our school and richness of our immediate locality while broadening the horizons of our children from their immediate local communities preparing them to shine in a diverse world.
Our Long Term Plans and progression documents have considered that our curriculum is delivered within mixed age classes.
Please click below to access the Subject Intents for each subject.
If you would like to speak to anyone regarding the curriculum, please contact Miss Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Art policy intent, implementation, impact policy.pdf||Download|
|DT policy for Intent, implementation, impact policy.pdf||Download|
|Geography Intent, Implementation, Impact.pdf||Download|
|Marking and feedback policy.pdf||Download|
|MFL Intent, implementation, impact policy.pdf||Download|